Funda Wazi means “learn and know” in Zulu language. It is a non-profit, non-governmental and registered as an Incorporated Trustee in Nigeria. The Mission is to provide a child-friendly environment for learning, promote educational development and provide relevant resources that will assist children and adults to learn and know how to address social challenges affecting children.
At Funda Wazi, we channel our efforts on prevention and mitigating children from abuse, neglect and other forms of violence in schools, homes and the community at as we believe the first approach to ending child abuse is to prevent the cycle of child abuse from continuing.
Established by Mrs. Nomthi Odukoya; a seasoned educator and Life Coach with a passion for working with children, parents and teachers to prevent, mitigate and respond to the sad systemic social ills that affect children in the society. The Foundation works with various stakeholders’ such as families, state government, teachers, educators and communities to provide long-term education and also ensure that children are well equipped to cope with childhood and social ills occurring in the environment.
Organizational Focus Areas
EDUCATIONAL AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT:
- Providing resources and tools to engage children and adults to enable them understand and effectively prevent and address growing social challenges.
- Organizing forums that will bring key stakeholders together to address critical issues affecting children and their education.
- Carrying out empirical research on issues affecting children’s social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Public advocacy in order to create sensitization on Child Abuse, neglect and other forms of violence with the public at large in order to create more visibility and awareness about the issue of child sexual abuse
- The use print and social media as a tool for building awareness and advocating for attitudinal change towards topical issues affecting children
PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATIONS:
- Building partnerships and collaborations with other NGOs, government agencies and bilateral and multilateral organizations
- Build the capacity of stakeholders to use resources to address challenges facing children